Mad Quickies 12.4
Hey gang! I’m really enjoying filling in for the Quickies. Donna is currently conquering the state of Pennsylvania with her army of robotic squirrels. Typical Wednesday.
And now… Your Quickies.
- Face it, you’ve always wanted to eat paint. Therefore, edible chocolate art supplies. – Via Anne
- You’ve heard of the ‘Elf on the Shelf’, right? How about ‘Angel on the Shelf’. Just don’t blink. – Via Emily
- I don’t even know how to describe this method of painting with watercolors. Just watch these GIFs and marvel. It’s really clever and beautiful to watch unfold. – Via Daniela
- Artist AJ Fosik makes false gods out of wood. – Via Lauren
- A rare temperature inversion creates a river of clouds inside of the Grand Canyon. It’s unspeakably beautiful.
- And a special treat: The Blues Brothers shopping mall car chase recreated, shot by shot, stop-motion, in Lego. It is glorious.
Featured image: AJ Fosik ‘Lamplighter to the Promised Land’ (detail)
Thank you. I come everyday for the quickies and I think I enjoyed then this day better.
I’d like to point out that I am somewhat disappointed by wood artist AJ Fosik – why “false” god? Perhaps he’s a believer, but then again, at least I would expect to see either a Jeebuz or a Mo’ in the collection. The artwork is very good, nonetheless.
The Blues Brothers is a movie I still enjoy watching in full, so I am very partial to this one.
@Chupacabras: I think I may have gotten the ‘false gods’ line from wherever I grabbed the link, as I don’t actually see it on AJ’s website. In fact, if you look at the artist bio, you may get a different impression entirely.
I also love The Blues Brothers movie, so this video made my night.