Mad Quickies: kid conquerors, sloth portraiture, autoconnect, er, correct and more
You guys- I was on a detail that had me casing the galaxy’s perimeter. But I’m back and Quickifying the internet for your convenience. Kudos, thanks and chocolate unicorns to my comrade, Brian, for his generous diligence and incredible Quickies posts!
- These kids are valiantly fighting the monsters in their bedrooms The series “Terreurs” is by photographer Laure Favel.
- Lady Prisoners by Anuwat Khaomanit.
- These roadside bus stops in the Post-Soviet states run the gamut from hauntingly whimsical to just plain disturbing.
- The Fasinatng … Frustrating … Fascinating History of Autocorrect.
- Awesome sloth art alert! UK-based illustrator Hector Janse Van Rensberg turned 50 random Facebook friends into sloths.
- Two luxury French horologists designed and built a Starfleet Machine, a $31,000 table clock.
- Retail find: Speaker Creatures are are wireless, waterproof Bluetooth speakers designed for the shower. Designer: Andrew Kitzenberg and his team at OnHand.
“Marilyn maketh, Marilyn taketh awayth.”
from the page
Directed by MIKEY PLEASE
A year in the making, the full six minute stopmotion short features the voice of Josie Long, one zillion hand carved tiny things, literally tens of carved foam puppets, two eye fulls of in-camera, long-exposure light trickery and a pair of tiny dolphins, smooching.
Featured image is by Laure Favel.
They could make an entire series of children’s books about those kids fighting monsters in their bedrooms. It could be really fun. Those pictures are really hilarious.