Mad Quickies 12.26
It’s end-of-the-year list-mania everywhere you look.
Let’s do the numbers!
- Dorabella is only one of the 7 codes you’ll never ever break. Super cool.
- Rockin’! 25 Reasons “The Muppet Christmas Carol” is still the best Carol of them all.
- Pretty awesome: 10 billboard campaigns that aren’t trying to sell you anything.
- A must-see: 100 diagrams that changed the world.
- How 17 equations changed the world.
- Possibly, the top 10 weirdest inventions of the year.
- io9’s top picks from the Black List – 13 of the best unproduced screenplays with interesting sci-fi overtones.
- 2013 Smart Guides’s 10 ideas that will shape the year.
More numbers after the jump…
- Controversial art: a list of 10 from 2012.
- At Design Observer: the 10 most popular Accidental Mysteries of 2012.
- Salon might leave a lot to be desired, but this is worthwhile: Andrew O’Hehir’s 10 Best Movies of 2012 .
- 11 food trends that are so 2012.
- Zoinks! 7 islands overrun by animals.
Science Bob, teachers, zero gravity and
2,000 Weightless Ping Pong Balls
from the page
Science Bob and 30 other teachers launched 2,000 ping pong balls in zero gravity as part of Northrup Grumman Foundation’s Weightless Flights of Discovery program. Also joining us was Kerry Sanders of the Today Show. Weightless flight is accomplished by flying in parabolas in reserved airspace aboard a modified 727 aircraft. Each weightless experience lasts about 30 seconds.
Destin and The Prof explore
High Speed Chemistry – Periodic Table of Videos
The 12 Days of Leftovers
Featured image is an excerpt of the Zodiac Killer Cipher, courtesy of the FBI. Downloadable PDF provided.