It’s the Friday Quickies! Sorry I’m late today, guys. I was busy celebrating Independence Day in the age-old customs of our American ancestors: with cookouts and fireworks. And now for some liberty links…
- Happy birthday, America! Here are 247 years of American flags, visualized. Get the poster at Pop Chart Lab
- Women in Science: Einstein’s Advice to a Little Girl Who Wants to Be a Scientist.
- More Women in Science: A Temporary Liberation, in which the first World War ushered women into laboratories and factories.
- Nathalie Alony creates incredible sardine can dioramas.
- Rogan Brown hand cut the series Outbreak, paper artwork Microbes and Pathogens, or as he calls his subject, “the microbiological sublime.”
- Here’s something incredibly cool… Virtual Medical Library Lets You 3D Print Models Of Viruses And Organs.
- Grey London for Schwartz Flavour Shots: Exploding spices, tastefully done. [includes video]
- Ok- this is just so completely cool and worth a skim. 12 Awesome Bookcases for Kids.
46 Facts About the American First Ladies
Craig Shimala caught some amazing natural fireworks in Chicago. The unusual thing is that he caught the same triple strike four years ago. Here’s the time lapse…
Chicago Derecho Storm Video and Time-lapse Highlights – June 30, 2014
from the page
This is a highlight reel of all the lightning I was able to capture during the evening of June 30th 2014 in Chicago. The crazy thing is this the second time I have captured a triple lightning strike on the Willis Tower, Trump Tower and John Hancock Building. This time it was a still from a time-lapse. The previous time was video which can be seen here.
Gear used. Canon 7D with 8mm fisheye lens, 50mm lens, 17-40mm and a GoPro Hero2
Music: Ocean Death by Baths
Featured image is by Rogan Brown.