New Features for Commenters!
We here at the Skepchick Network love you commenters dearly. Well, most of you. That's why we're pleased to announce a whole bunch of new features that will improve your time here – all these features will be available across all the Skepchick sister sites.
- Social Login: You can now use Facebook, OpenID, Twitter, Steam, and a variety of other logins in order to login and comment on the Skepchick Network! Those of you with Skepchick logins will still be able to use them, and you'll benefit from your comment bypassing moderation (provided you have a previously-approved comment). But the new Social Login is a great option for those of you who have held off on commenting because you didn't want to create yet another account.
- Subscribe to Comments: You can now choose to receive email updates whenever anyone comments on any particular post, whether or not you've commented! This was a popular feature we used to have on Skepchick that broke during an update. I'm pleased to say that it's back with new features that allow you to manage your subscriptions in a variety of ways. You'll find the subscription option at the end of every post's comments.
- WYSIWYG Comment Box: Not good with HTML? No problem! The new WYSIWYG comment box allows you to prettify your comments quickly and easily. And speaking of HTML in comments . . .
- Blockquote: It's back! We lost this when we upgraded to our latest look, but we've reinstated it so you can more easily show quotes.
- Images in Comments: The WYSIWYG box also has a button that allows you to embed images in your comment! You can't upload them, so you'll have to use Imgur or a similar hosting site if you want to show your own pics, but otherwise it's now super easy to make your point with a pic. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Mad Art Lab commenters use this.
Enjoy the new features, and please let us know if you have any trouble with any of them!
Featured image of a baby tree kangaroo via here.
I too look forward to Mad Art Lab comment images!
Let 's see
I am learning things.