- Pastry Caterpillars for Science! Scientists made pastry caterpillarsin so they could test the protective ability of eyespots..
- Amy Hamilton paints ethereal nature illustrations.
- How is gaming increasing library circulation? And this is why librarians continue to be a force for awesome in the world.
- How to encase your friends in Carbonite.
- How E.B. White got to know spiders and came to write Charlotte’s Web.
- Krystal D’Costa writes about How our Love Affair with Reality Television created Megalodon.
- A beautiful map of forest densities is the winner of a map contest held by the Buckminster Fuller Institute. (Map geek timesuck warning!)
- Are you sure that journalist isn’t a bot? Have you asked them to pass the Turing Test? (I’m not entirely sure I could pass the Turing Test this morning.).
- Beautiful typography – made of intricately cut leaves.
- Schrodinger’s cat is today’s Google Doodle!. via Anne S.
Seventh Graders tell the story of Rosalind Franklin and Watson and Crick in rap form! This will make your day better.
Spongelab has a new game out where you have to solve the disappearance of a famous biologist.
Hermit crab shells with cityscapes!
Featured image is