Mad Quickies 2.23
Mwahahahaha… ha… ha.
Anyway, Ms. Information has succumbed to my evil plot to spread sea creature propaganda throughout the world. No, wait. That’s not right. Ms. Information has let me do the Wednesday Quickies… which means more ocean goodness for everyone!
(I promise, she’ll be back. This is just a temporary hiatus. I’m not keeping her in my hidden volcano lair. Don’t send Aquaman after me.)
- Tree squid!.
- Forget octopus. I now need a hat inspired by an angler fish. Or a ping pong tree sponge.
- Maki looks at the Pitch Drop experiment again: Waiting for the Tar Ball to Drop.
- Women Make Horror Films. via Lauren Jankowski
- Zombie Epidemiology
- The Evolution of Sexy Dancing… in jumping spiders
- Sometimes Indexed hits a little too close to home. via Tom Cost (Also, the first comment is a perfect example of the “*I* haven’t experienced it, so it’s not true for you, little lady” comment. A+ to that guy for effort.
- Which Pokemon should you pick first? Science has an answer.
- Modern Farmer looks at the fashion history of Bib Overalls.
- “A death in space is a cheerful death.” An astronaut fact-checks Gravity.
Aquaman: The Teen Drama
The Physics of Sperm vs. The Physics of the Sperm Whale
Featured image is the Rare Suburban Tree Squid.
You seriously buried the lead on the Gravity article. “Don’t worry. Those frozen pee flakes were very light and fluffy.” Best part.