- Superheroes in the style of Picasso.
- Full Sail Brewing puts out a feminist beer.
- Pro Bono Promo – Recreating logos with their product.
- The brilliant podcast 99% Invisible is running a kickstarter to fund their fourth season.
- Jo Marchant asks Why does ‘The Mummy’s Curse’ refuse to die?
- This is from 2011, but still cool: Dinosaurs made out of Jack-o-lanterns!.
- Tumblr of the day: When you Work at a Museum.
- Allie Brosh’s Great Depression – How Hyperbole and a Half came to be. via Amy.
- Artist Queenie Liao turns her baby’s naptime into lovely adventures. via A
- Neil Gaiman talks about the importance of reading, daydreaming and libraries
Poetry Slam about Sexy Halloween Costumes
Poetry from the Brave New Voices Grand Slam Finals at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago.
Today’s Google Doodle celebrates Edith Head, one of my favorite costume designers ever. Here she talks about dressing Audrey Hepburn for Roman Holiday.