Mad Quickies 10.30
Yay! My first post on Mad Art Lab that is actually a post I’m posting myself! w00t!
- Goodbye Lou Reed. Amidst an enormous legacy, we also have a velvety spider that lives underground. My favorite Lou Reed tune is Last Great American Whale. What’s yours?
- Iszi Lawrence brings us the tale (tail?) of the woman who gave birth to rabbits. My question is this: what’d they do with all her bunny kids along the way? Did they all get their own rooms, and names, and clothes? I like to think they did.
- Portuguese street artist Alexandre Farto chisels lively portraits into crumbling walls. From Amy.
- From earlier this month, but a little macabre for Halloween: anatomically accurate skulls molded from cocaine.
- As a non-creative person, art often amazes me. I’ve been compelled by this all week: a contemporary art exhibit in Tokoyo reflecting on Block 24, a brothel at Auschwitz. With a knitted centerpiece.
- The featured image are cookies from my friend Nali’s Halloween ramp-up. Creepy!