Mad Quickies 6.24
- This is a must read. “Fantasy’s “Othering” Fetish. I particularly like that at the end there are solid suggestions of how to improve this.
- What Happens when Artists look at the Brain?.
- The Periodic Table of Elements, by Country of Origin.
- Genetically Modified Silkworms create Fluorescent Silk.
- Steampunk: Do Black People Really do this Stuff? (Spoiler: the answer is yes.)
- Infographic of the Day: Hangover Cures by Country.
- Silence/Shapes I am absolutely fascinated by these images of smoke bombs being set off in natural settings by Filippo Minelli.
- Science-themed Toilet Roll Art..
- Does sexism even trump profit in the gaming industry?.
- How to use statistics to dominate at Monopoly. Too bad it won’t help with the fact that I get bored halfway through a game, but it’s interesting anyway.
Running Vampire Bat!
Carl Zimmer writes about it in How to be a Bat.
Batman Theme Song Made Using Sounds from Bats (I’m in a bat mood. Forgive me.)
from Improbable Research.