Skepchick Auctions: Original Surly Art, Elyse’s Penis, Skepchick Goblet, Custom Cocktail & More
Contrary to MRA mythology, Skepchicks don’t think there’s anything wrong with owning a penis. In fact, this week, you have a chance to own the penis you’ve always dreamed of, custom made to your specifications in MS Paint by El Mofo herself, Elyse Anders. That’s just one of the many items we’ve got up for sale on eBay as part of a new weekly series of auctions hosted by Skepchick Events.
This week’s auction proceeds will go toward helping Skepchick Network contributors get to SkepchickCon this summer. The more people we can get to the con, the more we can offer to attendees and even to those who can’t make it in person–because this year, we’ll be capturing panels, workshops, and more on video for all the Internets to enjoy.
We are still asking for donations to help with the con as a whole over on the official SkepchickCon page (skepchickcon.com), but since our travel costs are also a benefit to us personally, we thought we’d raise money for that by offering something in return:
- The original ink drawing of a horse featured in Surly Amy’s post about white knighting, signed by Amy and accompanied by a Surly-Ramics necklace with the horse design
- A custom cocktail recipe created just for you by mixologist Anne Sauer of Mad Art Lab
- Handmade copper goblet with a raised Skepchick logo, created by Mad Art Lab’s Ryan Consell
- An imp skeleton in a museum-style display case, created by Ryan
- A blog post in your honor, answering your culinary question, by Anne
- And of course, your very own drawn-to-order MS Paint penis
See all items here. You can bid anytime this week. The auctions all end next Sunday, May 19, starting at 10 pm Eastern.
We welcome donated items and services to put up on eBay as well as ideas for other causes and events that might benefit from future fundraising auctions. Contact us with your donation or cause suggestions!