This is the post-DragonCon sleep-deprivation edition of the Mad Quickies, so get ready for some pretty things to stare at and listen to on this lovely Wednesday.
- Bad Little Children’s Books. Children’s books for horrible people. Via Steve Silberman
- Hidden paintings on the edge of 19th century books.
- High speed photography never stops being interesting. This series of exploding lightbulbs by Jon Smith is no exception.
- I need these lovely amicable cup characters to find a place on my table.
- Lego has (finally) created a woman scientist minifig.
- Can you distinguish between world languages by sound alone? Play the Great Language Game and find out!
- Does Misogyny Lie at the Heart of Fake Geek Girl Accusations? Or is it Self Loathing?
- Tearjerker Warning: A story of an astronaut’s wife talking to the AI which speaks for her husband. *sniffles a little*
- What We Still Don’t Know. In 2004, Martin Rees did a documentary about questions still yet to be answered. It’s worth revisiting.
- Duck Trees and Sea Swine – a gorgeous Renaissance map. via Jennifer Ouellette
Featured image is