Mad Quickies – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and Marvel Superheroines
Time for the Friday Quickies! Today, I’m all about the the cheerful, the beautiful, uplifting and just all-around sweet things. The featured image is a composite image of Eight Hours of takeoffs at LAX by Mike Kelley.
- First, your nostalgia hit: The Feisty Feminism of Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Femmeslash Friday looks at Frenchy and Rizzo
- Carol Danvers is my patronus. A preview of Captain Marvel #2. You guys, she’s wearing FLATS. And she has a structured costume with seams and real-world finishing. AND SHE’S WEARING FLATS. Carol Danvers is my patronus.
- And more on the Marvel side, Every Black Widow Review You’ve Ever Read is Wrong.
- If the media reported Game of Thrones. But they missed the NYTimes Style article about how hard it is to get your dragons into the right preschool or The Atlantic’s long thinkpiece on Sansa as a reflection of the self-involvement of millennial aristocrats.
- The Tibetan Book of Proportions from the 4-6th century shows the precise proportions for drawing the Buddha and is quite lovely in its own right.
- Beautiful anatomical collages by Travis Bedel
- The Superhero Diversity index
- DIY Geeky Welcome Mats. I might need to make one with the Mad Art Lab logo.
- An imaginary town that became real.
- One of the Mass Effect developers calls to eliminate social injustice in games.
- Graphs of TV Show Ratings Proving that Sub Rosa is one of the worst episodes of tv ever.
- In Defense of Talking Funny
Daniel Stoupin creates a beautiful timelapse of marine life in Slow Life
A beautiful timelapse of marine life.
He’s written more about it in a blog post.