Mad Quickies: A Robot That Messes With Telemarketers, Huge Snow Murals, Art Crimes and More!
I know, I know! I’m a day late with your Quickies. I’m sorry, friend. Please accept these THURSDAY QUICKIES to make it up. I love you.
Your weekly Art Crimes!
Hear first hand accounts, from some of your favorites, of what it’s like to work in Hollywood when you aren’t a straight, white man. -Via Jim
Fire up your smartphone – Mastercard will soon accept Selfies as identity verification. -Via Amy
Oh this is a good one – Roger Anderson, a telecommunications consultant, has created a robot that fucks with telemarketers. And you can use it too! -Via Amy
Holy smokes! artist Simon Beck creates huge, mural-like patterns in snow. Just stompin’ around, this guy. And now there’s video of the process! (video below)
An artist in New York created a message-in-a-bottle project and one of the bottles made it to France where it was picked up by, Hey presto!, a French artist!
Featured image by Simon Beck
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
Brian George is an illustrator who lives and works in the Van Beardswick neighborhood of Brooklyn. His fierce love of cheesecake is often (but not always) thwarted by his intolerance for lactose. He will draw and paint for your amusement (‘amusement’ is archaic Etruscan slang for ‘money’). Visit his portfolio, follow his tweets @brianggeorge or on G+