Mad Quickies 7.29
- Monday morning oddity: Who wouldn’t want to see a Lifesize Chocolate Neil Armstrong?
- Michelle Rodriguez kicked ass at the SDCC Women Who Kick Ass panel.
- From Accelerator to Art. Physicist Todd Johnson uses accelerators for both his science and his art.
- Noel Laureates are asked to draw their work. The results are adorable.
- Excuse me while I go freak out over a Reamde TV adaptation. Zula Forthrast and Qian Yuxia live? Yes, please!
- Our own Maki elects the Twospot Astyanax the Douchenozzle of the Animal Kingdom.
- Erica Sandbothe’s new novel Codecrafter introduces programming through the crafting of magic spells.
- Now, with the TED-o-Matic, you too can create a slighlty nonsensical, but well-produced and pithy TED talk!
- Just like us, Darwin didn’t always like his photos. The Darwin Project collects the surviving images of Darwin and gives a brief history of each one.
- Retail Find: Retro Rockets Treasury on Etsy. via Artologica.
- The Burka Avenger Pakistan has a new female superhero whose mission is to promote education! via Anne S.
Geek Girls have Nothing to Prove
The The Doubleclicks continue to level up in awesome.
Non-Newtonian Fluid on a Speaker Cone
via Anne S.