Mad Quickies 5.13
- Barns are painted red because of dying stars. SCIENCE IS SO COOL, YOU GUYS.
- But what does food look like *from the inside*? I particularly enjoy the liquids. via Brian, Kelly and the internet.
- Do genetics affect choreography? Our very own Elizabeth answers.
- Here is today – Possibly my new favorite visulization of human scale, geologic time and the age of the universe.
- drskyskull makes Chladni patterns and uses that to teach about resonance. The video is fascinating!
- Russian Flying Saucer Patents.
- Things Come Apart – Objects we see every day, disassembled. Todd McLellan creates a beautiful project out of some of the most mundane items.
- Unicorns and Brainbows At DoubleXSci, Jeffrey Perkel shows us how “life under the microscope can be as grand, if not more so, than anything Ansel Adams ever captured in black and white”.
Carl Zimmer teams up with TED-Ed to create a beautiful little animation about how feathers evolved.
Space Oddity. Sung by Commander Chris Hadfield. In Space.
Featured image is a Flying Saucer – from a 2004 Patent.