Mad Quickies 2.10 – Cephalopod Bedtime and Soap Bubble Cyclones
- Bedtime for Invertebrates. These tiny felted cephalopods being tucked into bed are adorable.
- Take a picture of a bumblebee and help do science!
- Visualizing Character Interactions in The Hobbit, The Glass Menagerie and Kafka on the Shore
- Over on The Finch and Pea, Josh Witten talks about how Jargon will make Time Travel very confusing
- Etsy treasury of the day: The Wonderful World of Microbiology via @Artologica
- Blueprints for Mechanical Bugs
- Photography and Art Museums
- This cosplay of Frozen‘s Elsa is flawless.
- The Three types of people who can afford to write books.
- Fantastic essay by Mark Oshiro about what representation in science fiction means to him.
Soap Bubble Cyclones
From the page:
Heating soap bubbles from underneath creates vortices that are the baby brothers of huge cyclones — even Jupiter’s famous Great Red Spot. Read more: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129530.100