Mad Quickies 3.10 – Asari Sex and Vegetarian Personal Ads
- To Harriet, on her 50th Birthday – Reflections on Harriet the Spy
- Halley Docherty inserts classic works of art into Google street view.
- Sexual assault for the lulz in J. Michael Straczynski’s Apocalypse Al
- Vegetarian Personal Ads – “Must be mated phrenologically and spiritually, or not at all”
- Can dance work on the radio?
- Mass Effect science: Asari Sex & Genes 101
- Cultural Icon Finger Puppets
- Monday Spider Zen from Alex Wild. These spiders are social!
- Should Columbo be America’s Doctor Who?
- Boy Meets Art: Robert Krulwich talks about being grabbed by art.
- 11 Ladies who dominate sci-fi and fantasy.
- An interesting take on books that have “teachable moment” dialogue on race/gender/sexuality, and whether they’re out of character.
- Telescopes made out of galaxies! Gravitational lensing is pretty nifty.
Earthworm from the amazing macrophotography of John Hallmen. Seriously, who knew an earthworm could be this pretty?